Five Friday Favorites: April 22
Welcome to my first Friday Favorites! If you read other blogs, you may be familiar with this. Basically, Friday Favorites is where I talk about anything and everything I love that week (or Friday).
Let’s get started. :)
Seriously, you have to try this! If you’ve ever had Nutella, it’s like that but 100 times better! Seriously, since the first ingredient is hazelnut (and not sugar or oil, like Nutella), the hazelnut flavor is rich and amazing! The hazelnut is complimented wonderful by the rich (organic!) cocoa powder! The nutritional stats are great, so bonus there! Although Nutella and Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter (CHB) have similar calories per serving, CHB has more protein and less sugar per serving (and the fat in CHB is healthy fat). Chocolate + hazelnut = so, so great!
2. Vanilla Iced Coffee
I prefer my coffee iced, and lately I’ve been loving Bruegger’s French Vanilla Iced Coffee. It’s not sweetened (except I add Splenda after), so it has a great vanilla taste without being overly sweet.
I always drink mine too fast, so it’s gone before I remember to take a photo of it. So here is the above’s photo source.
I started running again this week after a hiatus. I took a break because I was having some knee problems, and I’ve been incline walking on the treadmill in the mean time. But now, I’m back and running. I forgot (I know, how could I?) how much I love it!
Another thing I loved this week? This Youtube video, “Marathon Thoughts” by ImprovAsylum! If you’ve ever run a race before, you can probably relate to the film. I’ve run two half marathons, and I find this film hilarious. :D
If the video above doesn’t load for you, you can watch it here.
4. Link Love
Here are some interesting articles/links I’ve found over the past few days.
- “Dieters Make Incorrect Assumptions Based on Food Names, Study Says” (fitsugar.com): Just because it’s called a salad doesn’t mean it’s healthy.
- “The New Digital Diet” (Prevention.com): 7 Ways Technology Helps You Lose Weight
- “Gwyneth Paltrow’s Favorite Recipes” (Self.com): Gwyneth’s Fudgy Chocolate Brownies look amazingly rich and delicious but are healthier than your average brownies.
- “Find Organic, Sustainable, and Local Fare With the Eat Well guide” (fitsugar.com): Read this article to learn more about the Eat Well Guide.
- Happy Easter (and Passover)! Two articles on the Easter treats you should (and shouldn’t) be eating: “6 Ridiculously Healthy (and Plain Ridiculous) Easter Treats” (prevention.com) and “8 Under–100 Calorie Easter Candies, Plus How Much Chocolate Bunny You Should Eat!” (Self.com).
5. My Mom!
Of course, she’s always one of my favorites! However, it was her birthday yesterday, so she is my favorite-favorite this week. :) She has always been there for me when I need her, she had taught me a lot, and she has always shown me unconditional love! I miss her like crazy when I’m in college (as I am now), but it makes me appreciate her that much more! Happy (late) Birthday, mom! I love you!
Question: What’s one of your Friday Favorites?